View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
SharpByCoop
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '08 G37S - Graphite
SharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of light

Back up from the vacation and pause...

The car is all together, ready for tuning. (GTM tune installation)

John Visconti, the tuner, could not get the ECU to be recognized by the laptop and UPREV software. It would read the BCM, so the cable is working, but the ECU will only show on the screen AFTER the ignition is turned off. (John said the ECU is the last one to power down?)

John was on the phone with Sam @ GTM for a long time. They even had a screen sharing program so Sam could see the complications. (Sam, please fill in what I am misinforming?)

Jimmy thinks it may be an immobilized lockout, and he's asked me if I had any concerns when working the connectors in the trans. No, I didn't, but I am open for any possibility.

So, to any tuners out there: has this ever occurred on your builds?

Jimmy may take it to the dealer, to plug in their computer.

We are all stumped, and paralyzed right now. That's the scoop.

Jim

Last edited by SharpByCoop; 02-06-2011 at 05:07 PM.
SharpByCoop is offline   Reply With Quote