View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 12:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
fly yellow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 yellow 370z
fly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeeZee View Post
You ever heard of a sharpie, or some gloss black spray paint....LOL, j/k bro.

I used to be a car salesman here in the Los Angeles area--> Lakers=#1, anways, yeah, dealerships in S. Cali do not put those stupid, indelible, "this person bought it from here" stickers on their new cars. That is so wack.

I'd go back to the dealership, talk to those in the chain of command starting from the bottom: salesman-->his/her closer-->deskman i.e. salesmanager-->general sales manager-->general manager

If your dealership is a reputable one, then you shouldn't have to go any futher than the salesman. He'll most likely work something out for you via the dealership's body shop. And it should be free. Just explain tactfully, but without sounding defensive or blaming, that you didn't want the dealership mark, and you did what you did. Be honest and they'll most likely fix it for you free because they'll want you to spread word that the dealership is good to its customers, and this good word of mouth will bring more business, and the likes. Peace out.
That's a good move. I would leave the dealership's license plate frames on when you take it to them so it looks like you are still willing to do some advertising for them.

I absolutely hate the dealership putting stickers on their cars. The only car I like it on is Cadillac, because they match the Cadilllac script and it is sort of a tradition from the 1950s, when buying a Cadillac was a big deal and the dealers were much more prestegious.