Thread: The "Boss"
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #101 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
What?
Every 1/4 mile, lap time, etc. Ford has published has been done by the general public and many beaten. Ford posting a 12.8 1/4 mile for the new 5.0 got beat by a bone stock 12.6 run already, Ford has been one of the more 'accurate' companies when it comes to posting times.
That doesn't hold true for their 2:58.XX lap around VIR. In fact, the 2011 LL saw nearly a 6-second slower pace from the GT500 SVTPP car.

SVT are the ONLY ones who ever got a GT500 (stock) around VIR anywhere near the 3 minute mark, much less under.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
There were a few Boss 302R's in the Daytona Grand-Am 200 last week. One of them came in 2nd, and was very close to winning, but some late cautions killed it for them. It was beat by an M3, but I believe it had a V8 in it.
All current production M3's have V8's in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I think it's going to make a lot of Corvette owners very angry.
With the same power, and 400# more weight and a higher center of gravity, I don't see how. No way to know for sure though until some independant testing is done, though!
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote