View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #240 (permalink)
TBSS2008
Base Member

Drives: 11 Corvette GS 6spd
TBSS2008 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfscoll View Post
Interesting. Did you get any idea of what that ticking sound actually is?
Its sounds just like a lifter going bad 'tick' a 'tick' a 'tick' a 'tick', injectors have a quicker 't' 't' 't' 't' sound. Before I took it to the dealer I went to youtube and checked out a bunch of other (Maxima's, G35's, and 350z's) that had lifter or rod knock to get an idea of what the sound was. It definitely sounded more like a tick then a knock. So it did not sound like a throw rod. But when in 2 weeks of the first sign of the tick the noise started to get louder and making noise all the time at idle and 1800-3500 rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab83_750 View Post
Congrats on new engine sblock! At 39000, I am going to assume they are pursuing warranty ($0.00 to you)? Will they give you another warranty period on the new short block?

Did they say what is wrong with the engine? How bad was the 'tick'?
It will be taken care of under warranty, which is great considering the cost of repairs. After the dealer drove my Z around a lot and listened to the noise they said without a doubt is coming for the bottom of the engine (Short Block). They discovered this by having it on the lift and reving to 1800rpm where the tick was very loud and easy to discover in the shop. If you are modded keep all your stock parts and return to stock if you have issues. They did not care about the after market exhaust at all, that surprised me and of course made me very happy knowing I can just keep it on there. They wanted all my oil history which is not a problem since I am one of those suckers that got every oil change at the dealer ever 3-4k miles.

2009 370Z Black 7AT Touring Sport (TRADED)
TBSS2008 is offline   Reply With Quote