View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
In the $30-$40k range, you can buy a brand new Nissan 370z. On the higher end of that range, you can also get a slightly used '09 Cayman and in the midranges, you can get a slightly used Cayman S from years anywhere from '06 to '09. The Nissan Z has better numbers, but the Cayman is put in an entirely different class of motorsport when it comes to comparison. Thus far, the Porsche Cayman goes undefeated in all of its comparisons, not only to more affordable cars such as the Z, but also to cars in the higher price range of new Caymans (50's, 60's). I myself err toward the Cayman and its refined passion for sportsmanship, on the basis of its perfect balance and mid-engined format. As far as value, however, the guys at Porsche will charge you for almost everything. For example, if you want automatic climate control, that is an option. Xenon headlamps, that is an option. Things that are found for free on other cars are all options on the Cayman. So the conclusion I reach is that, as far as passion goes, the 370z is just a riceburner compared to the undeniable king of the circuit, the Cayman. Thing is, the open highways are nothing like a circuit, and how often will that highest-corner-exit-speed-in-the-world come into play on the roads? At the same time, the interior of the Cayman, even including less options, seems much more suited to daily driving than the low quality, japanese, let's-just-get-by interior of the 370z. However, in value, getting a new car is in essence better than used if they are both the same price. So, assuming one has the option of a used Cayman and a new 370z who will be able to maintain the car no matter which it is, what is the better choice? I hope that, thus far, I have stirred some indignant rebuttals within any users of this forum, for the very reason I posted this biased thread on a 370z forum instead of an impartial forum is because I would like to see the opinions of those biased toward the 370z.

Thank you for your input.
You, of course, know the difference between a porcupine and a Porsche, right? A porcupine has many pricks on the outside, but a Porsche has only one on the inside.