View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Trips
Administrator

Drives: 🔰
Trips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyguns View Post
Hi all,
I'm having the short block replacement done next week, so I thought I would have the Z1 oil cooler installed at the same time being that I intend to start taking the car to the track when the weather breaks. With my current short block my temps sit around 230 with some spirited driving. Should I expect that to change once the shorty is done or will it still be an issue.
I have a few questions I need answers to.
1) How many of you track your car without the cooler and what were your temps?
2)How many of you track your car with the cooler and what were your temps?
3) My dealer is telling me that I should be fine without it. Is he correct?
4) In my situation meaning that the engine is getting pulled, how long should the cooler install take.
Thank you in advance and kindest regards,
Tom
1. I've not tracked yet but have done plenty of Canyon Carving in hot and cool temps
2. All depends on ambient temp? on avg 20-25 degree drop in temp for me on a GTM Comp 34 row oil cooler
3. You're dealers kinda right if you're doing one lap, and the day is cool? other than that a cooler is a must
4. 1hr to 1 1/2hr

http://www.the370z.com/payments.php
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote