View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #59 (permalink)
spryor
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan Versa
spryor is on a distinguished road
Default Paint protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Claying paint is not something that you do because you think your paint needs it, claying is done when you test the paint and FEEL that it is necessary. Only by testing the paint can you say when or if it is necessary. I go into detail on this in my videos. Do you remember the method I used to test the paint? This is why I always tell folks to watch my videos more than once. There's so much info in there that you can't possibly catch it all the first time through.

The factory doesn't usually put any significant wax on your car so you want to do that as soon as possible.

The clear bra is an excellent investment if you take care when working around it. You never buff up next to it and never treat it with anything that is not recommended by the installer.
Hi Junkman2008,

Speaking of paint protection, do you use a clear bra or leather/nylon bra on your Corvette? Brother, your vehicle is beautiful and well taken care of!

Do you try to semi-detail the bottom (undercarriage) areas of your vehicle as well as the wheel wells? If so, do you use your own jack or drive-up ramping system to get under it?

Do you like Corvette convertibles? Do you see yourself purchasing one in the future?

Lastly, money is no object. But, what microfiber cloth brands or types do you recommend for washing, drying, and hand buffing/removing wax from any vehicle for minimum scratches, swirl marks, simulated spider webs, etcetera.

Thank you and sorry for asking alot of specific questions.

Samuel
spryor is offline   Reply With Quote