View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeyaBud86 View Post
I recently got a pearl white 370z with the sport package. I like the warranty I got with the rims and tires on the car, but like everyone else I want black rims. I'm talking to someone that will paint my rims black, but I was wondering if maybe someone had already done this to theirs? I looked through the forums and I saw some threads about it but no actual example. I know for a fact the black will looks hot as hell on the PW.
Here's the actual example, fresh from the oven with a coat of gloss black powder coat. These wheels are currently at a pinstripe shop getting painted with high temp paint before the clear powder coat goes on. I was going to wait to post, but since you asked, here's the reults:

The wheel caps and badges are getting a little paint treatment too, but I'll wait to post until I get it all done.

PS. I shot a sample aluminum plate with regular pinstripe paint and with high-temp paint. the regular pinstrip paint gives much bolder colors because it has a lot more pigment than normal paint, but it discolored in the powdercoat oven and became quite a bit darker. The high temp paint stayed the same color.

PPS. Wanna throw me a rep point for the pics? I think this is a first. :-)
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote