View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #76 (permalink)
crash1369
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C300 - 6spd
crash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond repute

Figured I would update this, I just got my shift knob from Tommy Kaira.

I've found a few pictures but there's really nothing about these written anyplace, at least not in English. To be honest, I had pretty low expectations when I ordered it... It's just a shift knob right, but that probably helped allot
I have nothing bad to say about it, OK well except for maybe that stupid phrase on the top but oh well. It fits perfectly in your hand and the shape gives it a great feel and grip. That weird turtle thing does stick up a little, but that gives it some texture and certainly doesn't bother me any. I don't know what they coated it with but it feels suspiciously smooth, almost slippery even, but again you do have a solid grip on it. I don't think you hand slipping off would be an issue due to the shape, turns out that probably won't matter anymore anyway though.
The weight is good and it does make a bit of a difference in the feel of the *****. It also fits perfectly with the shift boot, as you can see. Maybe even better then the stock knob, all I did was screw it on there are no extra washers or anything the boot just fits.

This was a rare purchase I have actually been completely satisfied with, the price isn't even a big factor. That damn Stereo cost 1ox as much and I was not nearly as happy with it when it was done. (It still really isn't finished I just don't feel like ******* with it anymore)
"At no point during your rambling, incoherent response did you ever come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul."
crash1369 is offline   Reply With Quote