View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #238 (permalink)
cab83_750
Track Member

Drives: 09 NISSAN 370Z
cab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on new engine sblock! At 39000, I am going to assume they are pursuing warranty ($0.00 to you)? Will they give you another warranty period on the new short block?

Did they say what is wrong with the engine? How bad was the 'tick'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBSS2008 View Post
I am getting a new Short Block!

My 370z has 39k miles on it and developed a Tick in the engine, sounded like a bad lifter. It started after an oil change last week so I took it back to the dealer and had them replace the oil thinking maybe they did not put in the Ester Oil. I didn't think that would help but they have to go through all the motions. Went in today and had three services managers working with me. Then after an hour of testing and listen they came back and said we are going to replace the short block

My Z has consumed 1 quart of oil every 3,000 miles the entire time I have owned it. I passed it off as normally since I have read that it was not excessive enough to warrant a new motor, and just top'd it off when needed. But I have more miles then most 370z owners so thought I would post my experience here. My Z was built in late 2008, thats not a typo I was surprise when they told me the build date. They had service bulletin with a series of steps they needed to take to ensure that my issue was related to the short block. The dealer is ordering the parts right now. I will definitely post back when I have my new short block it should be in two weeks, hopefully!
cab83_750 is offline   Reply With Quote