View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #64 (permalink)
Sonic370Z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Tour Sprt M6
Sonic370Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzzZz View Post

Why not just remove the 4 bolts at the bottom of the cover. Notice there's that fold/crease about 8 inches up from the bottom? I believe that's what the designers intended that to be.

I just do that instead of removing the entire cover as removing 19 fasteners is overkill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
Removing the 4 bolts doesn't quite give you access to neither oil filter nor drain plug because they are situated a little deeper than that . I'm sure you can try and do it but if you can buy a motorized screwdriver ($10 shipped EBAY), it makes your life a whole lot easier.

???

I took the whole thing off, but as I was putting it back on I thought to myself, "I wonder..." sure enough there is plenty of room. of the section that folds down (requiring you to only remove the 4 bolts) the drain bolt is dead center of that flap and the oil filter just above it. I had plenty of space to change the filter and drain the oil with just the flap down? anyone who goes to change their oil take a look at it first and see if you have room to work (since you have to remove those 4 bolts anyway).

Last edited by Sonic370Z; 06-16-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Sonic370Z is offline   Reply With Quote