View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 12:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
370zFORme!!
Premium Member

Drives: 2012 6MT STiffy
370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post
i mean, its your call. i think i have one of the most moderate drops at 3/4" in the back and an inch up front and i most certainly needed a rear camber kit, and now after i while i just picked up the front. maybe keep them until you take care of all that, see if you need the camber kit to get back to spec, if you don't, i'm sure you can sell it just as easily.

Also keep in mind that not just your camber gets thrown off by lowering. You can't adjust your toe very much either (if at all) with the stock arm/bolts, and if your toe is off by much, you will eat tires up way more quickly than if you were running a lot of negative camber but with correct toe.

Thanks for the concern Jeff! Ya I was contemplating keeping them, but I cant really justify it because before I got them I was able to get my camber almost back to stock. Really I just got them because I was worried about camber eating up my tires. The extended toe bolts are still on my car and my toe is perfect right now. Plus I'm about 4 months away from my suspension upgrade so I figured I could recoup some of the money spent from these. If I ever need them again ill just look for some used ones lol.
87' Honda Civic Hatchback: Kaput @ 288,000 miles, 90' Toyota Celica: Kaput @ 175,000 miles, 93' Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4: Kaput @ 138,000 miles, 06' Scion Tc: Traded in @ 64,000 miles, 10' Nissan 370z: Traded in @ 25,000 miles, 12' Subaru Impreza Sti: Current.