Thread: The "Boss"
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #45 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
It's the only Boss I'd get. Unfortunately it's quantities are said to be at 500 per year, so it might be hard to find at MSRP or below.
500 per year is no big deal, but Ford is notorious for "Market Adjustments". When I worked for them, we had an FGT that we put a $100K "market adjustment" on and finally sold for $239K (MSRP was $153K).

If you get in a new BOSS at MSRP, it will be a "good deal", considering.

Ford seriously failed to deliver with the new GT500, considering SVT claimed they ran VIR in 2:58.XX and yet the Lightning Lap pegged the car at 3:04, and noone has yet come close to SVT's time. I am waiting until this BOSS is independantly tested to say more than "It looks like a good idea, and the "track key" is a neat feature".
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote