View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #45 (permalink)
NXTAZEE
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 7AT
NXTAZEE will become famous soon enough

Hey guy's please "do not" try to wet sand your cars. I don't care if a video gets posted or not, don't do it. I've been doing this for many years and I don't want to see anyone ruin their paint. Wet sanding should only be done by a pro or someone with the experience. Further more wet sanding is not needed to remove scratches in paint. Anyone who wet sands paint to remove scratches is an idiot. If a scratch is that deep you think it needs wet sanding it's not coming out. As a rule of thumb if you can feel the scratch with your finger nail it will not come out safely. After digitally measuring the paint to make sure there is enough clear to compound or even polish, you should never take off more than .5 mills of paint or you could see premature paint failure. If any of you have any question on proper paint care please feel free to ask me. As a new Z owner, or soon to be, I don't want you to do anything that might jeopardize your paint.

Back to the original poster, bird dropping are very acidic but will not do that much harm in that little time. A simple polish at best will fix it. Keep your cars regularly waxed or sealed and bird droppings will, for the most part, wipe right off with a microfiber rag with some quick detail spray.
2010 Carbon Silver 370Z 7AT charcoal int. sports package | Clear Bra | Invidia Gemini CBE | CF B-Pillars | CF Fangs | CF Z emblems | Swift Springs | 20mm & 25mm Spacers | SPC Camber Arms | Brushed Aluminum shift knob
NXTAZEE is offline   Reply With Quote