View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #62 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt@UAMotorsports View Post
OK seriously this thread needs to stop...

I probably have had more speeding tickets than the whole lot of you combined and most of them I get reduced or dropped.

In the OP's case if it was originally only 9mph over just pay the fine. Anything under 14mph over does not get reported to your insurance company. Also your infraction is a zero point based rule (here in GA).

Most of the times if you go to court the judge will change it to a county ordinance or something thats not a moving violation or drop it entirely... I have seen it dozens of times. for 9mph over you DO NOT NEED A LAWYER lmao

if you got 9mph as a reduction of speed your still fine! I just got one in NC from a State trooper headed the opposite direction for 78 in a 55. I have prepaid legal and will have my lawyer get it reduced to under 14mph get zero points and send them a check. Its a money system to them they really honestly do not care about driver safety!!! if they did they would follow the european standard for speed limits where the right lanes have one speed and the left lanes have another and you get a license for what speed you are qualified to drive at and you post a sticker on your car. There are soooo many things I would change about our traffic systems its not funny. It is like they made everything an idiot could do it and guess what we have too many idiots on the road!!!

Georgia clearly has different laws than other states. 9 over IS reported to your insurance company in Florida. It's also 3 points on your license.

From FL DMV:
Unlawful speed - 15 MPH or less over lawful or posted speed 3 Points
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote