Thread: Mid Life
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Trebor3
Base Member

Drives: 40th Anniversary 370
Trebor3 is on a distinguished road
Default Mid Life

Alright, here is my story. I haven't bought a new vehicle in almost 9 years. I love my truck and it only has 85k miles on it but, I got the itch.

A few months ago I started thinking about a second vehicle. Would it be something practical and fuel efficient ie inexpensive or something fun. I started focusing in on 350Zs and G35s. They look good are fast and can be found pretty cheap. Good ones under 20$ Then one day a few weeks ago I was crossing an intersection and stopped there was a Pearl White 370Z that dropped my jaw. I thought omg what the f*ck is that. Don't know why I had not noticed the difference in style between 350s and 370s.

Now I am obsessed. I have been searching the whole country online and locally looking for the perfect slightly used 370Z. I want Graphite, Touring, Sport with Persimmon. Tranny is flexible.

The perfect one is available locally at the dealer. It's a 40th and new so the price is a big obstacle. An hour away is an 09 Pearl White (the color that originally got my attention but now my second choice) Touring, Sport, with Persimmon and automatic, with under 5K miles for 33$ out the door.

My delema is that if I want Graphite and everytime I walk up to my car I will see Pearl. Pearl is great but not perfect for me. One the other hand the Persimmon is not at all common.

The 40th is out of the question unless they will come off the price 5 grand (unlikely) There is actually a 40th for sale near by with very low miles for 31K but it has Red leather (not my style)

Should I hold out for the perfect car which may never become available or go for the Pearl White.

I'm heading out today to look at both the 40th and the Pearl. I'll let you know what happens.
Trebor3 is offline   Reply With Quote