View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
TheWeatherman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MTw/Sport
TheWeatherman is on a distinguished road
Default Nissan Ester Oil Mileage Imrovement...

So, I had my oil changed at the dealer with the Nissan Ester Oil at about 3,000 miles. I now have 5,500 miles and have noticed an improvement in my gas mileage. I know Nissan put out a statement saying that using this should improve your mileage. Since I put this in, on 95% highway cruises of 200 miles, my mileage has jumped from about 26 to about 27.6 to 28.2 mpgs. Now, of course I can't prove that it was the oil, but this is surely some good mileage that I am totally happy with. This is with the A/C on as well. I know there are many different factors that can change this factor, but the temperature has been near 80 degrees and the winds have been relatively light on each of the trips. I use Shell V-Power only for my gas with 91 octane. Could it still be breaking in? Yes. Could it be the oil? Maybe. Just wanted to share with you guys. I'm really happy with the mileage for this car.

Edit: This is with my cruise set at 70 mph the whole way on the same route from Milwaukee to Green Lake, Wisconsin and back. 30 miles of the trip I have the cruise set at 60, but noticed my mileage actually is better at 70 for some reason.

Last edited by TheWeatherman; 06-16-2009 at 11:48 AM.
TheWeatherman is offline   Reply With Quote