View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #34 (permalink)
terrycs
Base Member

Drives: 07 G35S Sedan
terrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
The thing that gets me is that people are strapping on a turbo (or any other forced induction) to an engine that has 11:1 compression. That's just asking for it to blow up...

I remember the rule of thumb is 8:1 for blowers. I can't imagine he amount of octane boost one would need to run for 11:1 to prevent detonation / pre-ignition, if it'd even run correctly on 91...(since the car already takes 91...)

I dunno, I guess I'm not THAT into power. This car will break loose with an automatic transmission up into 3rd gear...that's plenty of power. After that, it's a matter of getting it to the pavement and stay there...
Sure it will work. My car runs fine on 91. Low compression motors require higher manifold pressures and high compression motors require lower manifold pressures to achieve the same results.

Since the Z has a 7AT, how about breaking traction in 4th and 5th?
terrycs is offline   Reply With Quote