View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #47 (permalink)
NotmyGTR
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z/Pearl 6speed
NotmyGTR is on a distinguished road
Default Ummm No

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Some people consider the Z as the "muscle car" of Japan compared to the likes of a RX8.
The RX-8 isnt even drift worthy in Japan. The 7 on the other hand is a demon. But, muscle,in Japan........thats a tough call. Depends on what shop you are getting your work done, and what your goal is. Concerning speed on the track Im not sure many (if any) can beat a well tuned R-32/33/34. 1/4 mile is a different ballgame because of the weight difference. A 700hp Supra will give a 600hp R-34 fits in the 1/4, but get its azz handed to it by a 450hp S-14. Change the course to high speed runs........now the field is wide open. JUN auto has a Z33 that will do over 200mph all day. Top Secret has a R-34/JZA-80 Supra/Z-32 that will all go over 200mph. With the exception of Power House Amuse, HKS in Kansai, and Midori Sebi Center, the majority of the shops dont care what the car is or if its a Toyota or Nissan, they build up an RB-26 and drop into whatever as the basis for the power plant. But Z as the muscle of Japan...........no sir, that title is reserved for the GT-R. Im not saying that because I have had 3 of them either. I lived there from 1991-2006. It is what it is. Dont get me wrong, the Z is loved and cherished, but not titled as the muscle.

As for the posts about Ford this Chevy that.........Really? Im sorry, I didnt catch that....was that another RE-Invention commercial on TV. Oh, O.K. that wasnt for Nissan, my bad.