View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
getawaydriver
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Z S/T 6MT
getawaydriver is on a distinguished road
Default Odd sound emanating from the front axle; input requested

370Z Forum --

I have a 2009 S/T 6MT with about 6100 miles. The car was purchased in JAN10 and sat for about four months in Newport, RI while I was in training with the military.

When I finally finished up and started driving the car again, I immediately had the oil changed and checked the tires for collapsed sidewalls and overall condition. Everything is good.

I am now down in the Virginia Beach area and have noticed that when I fire her up in the morning, I get a really weird sound in the front axle area when backing the car out and making a sharp left/right turn. I can best describe it as the sound you would make if you took a tire and slid it across a gravel covered road.

The sound only seems to happen in the mornings and is-possibly-affected by cold temperatures. The car is completely stock.

Some ideas were possibly bushings or bearings had gone bad. We got hit with that monster snowstorm too and I had to get the car out of one nasty driveway. Maybe I affected the tow of the front wheels when I did this?

Either way, I am taking the car to a dealership next week to have that specific problem troubleshot but just wanted to check if any 370 owners had experienced a similar issue.

Thanks!
getawaydriver is offline   Reply With Quote