View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stearnsy
Base Member

Drives: 11 370 Sport 6MT
Stearnsy is on a distinguished road
Default "New" car with 700 miles..am I getting the shaft?

Hey all,

Got my Z a few weeks ago. May know me from my other thread, which outlines how I have already put a nice dent in it.

Anyway, something that has been constantly biting at the back of my mind is that the car was delivered to me with 700 or so miles on it. It was hastily procured from a dealer north of Atlanta and driven to Florida, not transported on the back of a truck.

1) Has anyone else paid for a "new" car but gotten a car with this many miles? The day I signed on the dotted line the "dude" told me that the car wouldn't have more than 20 miles on it--"our driver would turn around and leave without it." I was already asking because I know people tend to "rev things out" on test drives and wanted something with almost no miles..like, <5, actually.

Problem is, my paperwork states it arrived with 290. You can Google Map it, but Sutherlin of Buford, GA is a lot farther than that from Harbor in Port Charlotte, FL. Before the car came, I got a verbal that my warranty would be 36k + what the car was delivered with (e.g., 36,700). The day the car came, I got a "sorry, we cant do anything about that..the max we can say it came with is 290." So I've been backl and forth with a different guy at the dealership lately, the best professional I've dealt with so far. I talked to him about this last week (had to go back in for dent repair; was delivered with pass. door ding) and he confirmed that my warranty began at what the car was delivered with from 0. Yesterday while at work, he called and said he was just "checking in to see how the car was." I told him what I thought of it so far and then brought up the mileage thing--"my paperwork still says 290." When just last week he told me my warranty started @ delivery miles, he couldnt remember what I was talking about. He said he'd look into it and call me back. Haven't heard back yet.

What do ya'll think? Am I being too picky and/or demanding? I think I should have paid used car kbb value instead of invoice + $400 for a car with 700 miles...and now they're making it seem as though i have eaten 410mi (paperwork says 290 and this is where i believe they started me) of my warranty's terms before I ever even saw the car. Car still only has 1.2k! They drove it more than I've driven it so far!
Stearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote