Thread: Max hp?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 01:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Folks

The NISMO 380RS runs a 400hp (at the flywheel) engine in a 350Z chassis in the Japanese Sports Car series. The engine is NA VQ38VHR engine - factory built and available to special order 3 years ago.

RJN Motorsports in the UK used to run the 350Z GT4 race progamme in the UK and Europe and these cars were in effect, NISMO 380RS's. They have now upgraded to the 370Z chassis for the 2011 GT4 programme and these cars are fitted with the same engine (VQ38VHR).

These cars are full-spec race cars and sell for around 120K Euro's.

You can take a VQ37 up to 3.8 and even 4.2 litres and with a stroker kit and higher compresion, with the relevant tune in the NISSAN ECU, I have no doubt you can get to 400hp, or even a little more.

I have been playing in the motorsport pond for 40 years, and a conservative estimate to build such and engine is $40K+, so I am echoing the earlier comments on the depth of your wallet.

Google "NISMO 380RS" and also "RJN Motorsports UK" if you have any interest in further research. For a street car, S/C or Turbo is going to be one-quarter of the cost of an NA horsepower increase.

My Z34 makes 215Kw (~290Hp) at the wheels and other thatn some tweaks on the suspension front, I am done. There is no point (IMHO) in trying for increased NA Horsepower on costs grounds - I have a "proper" race car to spend that sort of money on.

RB
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote