View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #57 (permalink)
need4speed
Base Member

Drives: 08 altima 3.5se
need4speed is on a distinguished road

This article was the biggest crock o sh!t I ever read. Look, we know there's a refinement
In porsche that's unmistakable. But the avg lateral g for porsche is .95g where the
Nissan 370 w sport package is .98g. So yeah the porsche might feel better in the twisties but the
Z is holding harder.
And funny how all of a sudden body roll is a good thing. The corvette zr1 gets highest
Praise for its 1.01g and lack of body roll. It always seems that when a car is from a certain race or country they always find a way to give kudos. The corporate anglo U.S. and the Aryan masters
Always make the perfect car. Oh yeah not to mention the brits who's cars spend the most time in the shop. But when the asian car market breaks through. Its always praised in stand alone tests. Then
When its time for the comparo. Its always some kind of condescending compliments yet highly critical
In a negative way.
The asian sports car is always great till it stacks against the american ponies or
German snob mobiles. N no I'm not Asian. Its just my extensive reading of various car mags.
Its insulting to me as a human.
The only reason camry civic and accord aren't beat so hard is because we build those cars here and hold a big stake in the profits. N though performance of those cars have become generic and hum drum.
These cars still receive high praise. Why cuz america makes money off those models. These cars honestly haven't been anything special since 2002.
I can buy a chevy malibu n save money by comparison. The nissan and mazda marks have been giving uncompomised performance and handling in its price range without question.
Hyundai is following suit. But having owned 4 american cars. N 3 japanese cars.
There's no substitute in the price range.
All this is corporate bribes with a subculture of racial superiority.
I have no gripes with any race. But its just an obervation I been noticing for years
When it comes to japanese and asian cars.
Lin the end porsche is a porsche. There will be thingz about it a less expensive car
Won't match. But my observation driving the Z tells me that this car can hang a lot harder
Than they r leading u 2 believe. Don't believe the hype. Test drive both.
That will be my next test drive.
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote