View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
Iscandar
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Touring
Iscandar is on a distinguished road

As I understand it they had to sand the machined polish lip and then paint it a few times after drying it a few times. It was a tedious process that took a little over 10 days. The paint for pearl white is two stage so it takes longer.

My wheels were already balanced so they only had to mount them. I don't think they removed the tires but I didn't ask.

I had clear sprayed over the black part of the rim. I bought the rims that were painted black with machined polish lip. The original black paint was dull which I hated. So now the black area is gloss and so is the lip.

One thing I can say about the wheel company I ordered from is that they didn't balance the wheels properly. I had to take the wheels to a specialty shop twice. First time to get a wheel hub that was the proper fit. And second time because the car vibrates like hell over 60 mph.

In Cali the new wheel hub fit well and stopped most of the vibrations but not over 80 mph.

When I got the car to VA I noticed much more vibration. So I took it to a wheel specialty shop. The owner showed me a very expensive balancer that is more sensitive and went over what was going on. Weights were placed in the wrong area as well.

However..the saga continues...I am still getting lots of vibration. Which puts lots of stress on the studs. I saw the wheels were balanced perfectly. So the wheels are not bent thank god. Apparantly when you get low profile tires and larger wheels pot holes can bend your wheels easily.

In my case I think the tires could be defective. I can't think of anything else. And the tires wheels only have less then 1000 miles on the car. So I might buy a new set of tires and see if the ride changes.
Iscandar is offline   Reply With Quote