View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
xgrudgex
Base Member

Drives: My neighbors crazy
xgrudgex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDZRVIT View Post
Like Pharmacist noted, please explain the relationship of the brake booster with all the fluids. What exactly did the dealer tell you?
I guess you didnt get the sarcasm in the "so they say".... I am assuming it was an issue witht he slave cylinder but not completely sure.
I am using my overpriced, crappy teaching from UTI and my few years of wrenching to diagnose what the service manager poorly explained so dont put me on blast if you think im wrong;/ but long story short I just bent over and took it dry.
Didnt feel like being that know it all customer (use to be a tech and hated that!!!!) and just paid the dealer.... missed my girl too much to care about arguing.
I dont have the reciept on me but it did look sketchy with a "replacement item" for part description that was 110 bucks and an efing 300.00 dollars worth of labor. I wont be taking my car to my local dealer anymore thats for sure!

*update* I have noticed in the past week that my pedal is starting to get softer again and stick on the release... will let you guys know if I have the same issue again.
xgrudgex is offline   Reply With Quote