Thread: MIL blinks...
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 07:11 AM   #39 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abgyak View Post
My Z has just came out from the dealer and found out a DTC code out of their system.. they said its something to do with the transmission sensor.. they explained further that if there's an unusual activity detected by the sensor it might shut the engine down or maybe they said because of a miss gear??...

So i assume that the immediate engine shut down of my Z may be caused by the action of putting the gear from D to N at high speed.... i dunno... just assuming tho... what do u guys think? Sensible answer?
Automatic gear boxes don't usually like to be run in neutral at high speed, not sure if it would dislike it enough to shut the engine down, seems unusual.