View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #147 (permalink)
Osiris
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Angry
Osiris will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Note: I do not wish to offend anyone about my thoughts on some examples used here. Plus, this is going to be the first time getting lowering springs.

Concerning functionality, I'm all for improved ride quality and handling with these springs. In terms of looks, I want to make sure the gap is narrowed without ending up with a "ricey" impractically sunken look. My car currently looks silly with 255/35 & 285/30 tires at stock height. There's more than a 3 finger gap. Other than that, it drives fine.

In regards to a 1" drop for the rear, I'm a bit confused by the way the rear end is lowered. However it may be perspective differences in the way the photos were taken. I've seen a few pictures of cars with 305 tires at stock height showing some significant wheel gap. Osiris, with 305 tires and Swift springs, has a very nice gap. However, his springs hasn't settled yet. 98intrigue also has 305 tires, but with H&R springs. His rear tires look tucked in making it appear to be lowered by more than 1". Then there's pictures of the Sport and Nismo cars with Swift springs with nice wheel gap.

I'm still debating about 285/35 versus 305/30 tires to handle extra power from FI, but I'm worried about a couple of things:
- Funky tucked in look.
- F.I. exhaust cans scraping. At stock height and 285/30 tires, the cans scraped on occasions such as backing out of the driveway.

Anyhow, I'm planning to get new tires when the Swift springs get installed. To be safe, it'll be 255/40 & 285/35. For aggressive, it'll be 275/35 & 305/30.
Heya,

As far as settling, i don't anticipate the rear settling more than another .1 or .2 inch for a total of 1 to 1.1" Also, i think the wheel/offset also has a huge impact on the appearance of the gap. I think some others running 305's have them installed on stock wheels. As for mine, i have them on the Volks with 22+ front and +12 rear offsets bringing them closer to the outter edge of the wheel well and making the gap appear smaller.

Let me know if you want me to take shots of different angles.

^^^^^^^^^Like our Facebook!^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by Osiris; 01-27-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote