View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by #452-LE View Post
Questions are pretty much out in the OP.

Looking more towards the Tein due to the in-car adjustability. As far as the BBK, meh, any of those would do. I would just like to have some real life experience comments/ suggestions....especially on the pads. I will not reach the potential of the BBK on the street or track for that matter, but want the added security for my new-found power. Quality is a must as I only want to do this once.

I do, however, know what works best for me when it comes to 186mph track bikes!!

Thanks Frank& Mike!

BTW Frank, Hills Garage is spot on!!!
Hey my track R1 is still for sale hehehe got a full World SBK Racetech suspension on it

The teins are ok and the only adjustability your getting out of them inside the car is rebound... which is only have of the adjustment so your not really getting what your thinking. I asked Tein owners when I first wanted it thinking "shoot I can adjust compression and rebound in the car on the fly... Im SOLD!!!" but thats not the case... sooo.... you can choose from a bouncy config to a less bouncy config with the edfc... this is what others have told me what their experiences with tein and edfc were. Plus with KW's you will get them cheaper than your whole EDFC Tein setup and save you money for your BBK...

You come from the bike world like me so you know the most important parts on the car are the suspension and brakes. I would without a doubt put KW first on the list followed by HKS then Tein... If your looking for good brakes I have the Alliance BBK that we will be offering shortly. I have worked with alliance to make a potent kit for our cars. I know its not a big name brand but it works and for half the cost...

I have tested the alliance kit and we have gotten our 60-0 down to under 70ft... Semtex and jeremy (first TT Nismo) were there with me for the tests. With just lines and pads and brake fluids I think Ben had some ungodly stopping power on sport brakes like around 70~75ft. Ben got into the 60's once then brake fade came into play I did about 2 dozen more runs just fine... we then ventured to disable the abs to see how that affected everything and the rear brakes locked up immediately with the 6 piston setup... so we are opting for a less aggressive rear pad to combat rear wheel lock and its worked great so far.
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054
bullitt5897 is offline   Reply With Quote