View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbigb4ller69z View Post
Yeah actually they are 70%. My car is technically sold, and there's a company that came out to inspect the car. inspectmyride.com. I have the report stating that.

You think that's optimistic still?
Considering the way that these tires wear, I believe it to be optimistic. There's no need to be hostile-- if they are actually at 70%, showing the tread depth will help. If they are not, an accurate assessment will help a potential buyer such as myself, decide whether they are worth it.

Having a number put down by a 3rd party doesn't necessarily means it is right. I have an inspection sheet from my dealer indicating my RE050a's had 10/32's of tread (more than they come with new!)when they were almost bald. Most places don't actually bother to check, they just look to see if they are new, lightly used, or bald, and then write down a number.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote