View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #41 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably the clutch still breaking in. It is fairly common. Mine stunk for a couple hundred miles past break in whenever I pushed it.

Most freshly installed clutches will stink for a little while-- it is normal and a part of break in. When I replaced the clutch on my Jeep, it took almost 1k for the smell to go away, but it was just a function of the clutch, and was apparently pretty standard for the brand I used.

You should avoid slipping the clutch, especially at higher RPMs, during the beginning of it's life. Hard driving doesn't cause issues-- slipping it does. I would take you start slow (no launching) for a few hundred more miles, and see if it goes away.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote