View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #37 (permalink)
Mandingo
Track Member

Drives: '10 370z 6spd
Mandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond repute

ok I'm resurrecting this here thread

I finished break in a while back and started doing some acceleration to about 5000 rpm in 1st,2nd,3rd. I am getting quite a bit of clutch smell.

I know what you're thinking and there truly is no way I'm slipping the clutch. The clutch pedal is barely in for any time at all and I don't give it gas again until my foot is completely off the clutch pedal (to test this out). I've driven manual for 9 years and never had this smelly problem.

Heres the scariest part for me. I smell burning when I accelerate hard in 2nd gear and then let off the gas and engine brake back down to a coast (no clutch pedal involved). Taking the car to dealership next week.

Last edited by Mandingo; 01-25-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Mandingo is offline   Reply With Quote