View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rooskey
Track Member

Drives: 2014 Alpha7 GTR
Rooskey will become famous soon enough

OK I finally got around to installing my longtube headers. I highly recommend paying someone to do this project unless you are a very very patient person. If you do it yourself dont be in any hurry. The engine compartment is so packed, and now my hands and arms are cut to h*ll. The hardest part for me was accessing the 02 sensor plugs and that each bolt came out only a 1/4 turn at a time. I used about five or six different configurations of ratcheting from 3/8s to 1/2 inch drives with extension, swivals, etc... Once I got it all tore down the new headers went in fairly smooth. I did have one major issue with the install though. When it comes to removing the 02 sensors from the stock manifolds it is a B#%ch!!!! The first one did not want to come out at all. I had to work the threads back and forth till it finally decided to thread out. Once it did I noticed no threads on the sensor ($325.00 down the drain). I called Tony and he gave me some pointers on removing the second one. Once I did this I was missing just a few threads from the second sensor (another $325.00 down the drain) Yes these mother F*#%king 02 sensors are $650.00 for the pair. What a rip off!!! Anyways everything is bolted up now and im waiting on the sensors to arrive. Once I get it on the road ill give an update.
Rooskey is offline   Reply With Quote