Thread: Max hp?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Skeeterbop
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 GM 370 base SP
Skeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to behold

I know that I'm bringing this thread from the dead but I had a couple questions. I would like to do an N/A build down the road (probably 3-4 years so I can keep my warranty). That being said what is currently the biggest hold back on creating power w/o any power adders. I'm assuming it is the VVEL since nobody has yet to crack it (although I've seen rumors that GTM either has or is very close). This brings me to my other question. Once the VVEL is cracked you could basically just reprogram the system to simulate larger intake cams right by adjusting the lift and duration correct? I know that forced induction would be a cheaper but I really like the idea of building a N/A engine. Again I apologize for bringing this back from the dead, I just wanted to expand on the conversation instead of starting a new thread.
--edit--
I'm not really looking for huge numbers just a more powerful free revving N/A motor than what it has stock.

Last edited by Skeeterbop; 01-25-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Skeeterbop is offline   Reply With Quote