View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Caravanshaka
I shake Caravans

Drives: everyone crazy
Caravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISMOFO View Post
As the OP stated in his disclaimer, it doesn't hurt to use more resistors. I believe the rule of thumb is one resistor per LED. He's got 3 LEDs to one resistor in this setup and over time I believe that can cause issues. I only mention this because I own his car and I have these exact lights in them and currently I have 3 of the LEDs flickering. I'm fairly sure its the resistor, but can't be 100% yet.

I have been planning to trade these lights out for a stock set since day one, but I just haven't gotten around to posting it yet.
Actually, if you go to any LED resistor calculator site, they all have wiring schematics for multiple LED's per resistor, with 3 LED's per resistor being common. My uncle is an electrical engineer that works with LED's on a daily basis, and he is the one that supplied me with the wiring schematic, which I verified to be correct on a couple different resistor calculator sites.

I think the issue with flickering is due to a loose connection somewhere in that string of 3, probably a post that broke off of an LED or resistor that is still held in place by the heat-shrink tubing allowing it to have a bad connection.
The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that in order to work the penis, the brain must remain whole.
Caravanshaka is offline   Reply With Quote