Thread: Nismo intake
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #39 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravanshaka View Post
Modshack, are you going to dyno the different variations to get an idea of where the best gains are coming from? It would be interesting to do a baseline, then replace the tubing and leave stock airbox and do a pull, then replace the airbox with your conical filters and do another pull, then hookup your cold air tubing and do a last pull. That will tell us a ton about the restrictions of the current setup.
Short answer is NO.. Small incremental changes of 1-2% or so are well within the typical run to run dyno variances so that wouldn't prove anything definitive. Plus, throwing $$ at dyno runs is not something I'm interested in doing. Common sense mods, even small incremental ones eventually add up... I'm in it for the driveability improvements, not a few HP at the top end.
I don't believe there is much restriction in the stock airbox...There usually isn't, but gains can be had with smoothing and straightening the flow path and other careful tweeks along the way. I'll get a dyno done eventually when things are all done and I have a convenient opportunity.....There are plenty of baseline dynos that have been posted here to get an idea of what's going on..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 06-14-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote