View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
The stock brace is very well engineered so you will not feel a difference between stock and an aftermarket brace. The OEM brace has the strongest design as it is triangulated and ties into the struts and the bulk head, the only place it leaves room for improvement is in the aesthetics department.
I'd agree that the stock brace is very well engineered and is relatively light compared to a full steel brace I had on a Mustang. The only way it is going to get lighter with similar performance is with expensive light weight metals like titanium. But because titanium is 60% heavier than aluminum (and twice as strong) it has to be precisely engineered to give any benefit at all. Most people are buying the after market strut bars are for the bling factor, I say just get your stock bar powdercoated and save the dough.