Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #109 (permalink)
birdmanx1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Nismo
birdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to birdmanx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZer View Post
I'm getting ready to add some noise reduction. One thing I've certainly noticed, is that the kind of roads you drive on make a HUGE difference. New smooth asphalt is actually pretty quiet.. stock. Any kind of pebbling or wear in the road surface accentuates the noise dramatically. For several extra pounds, I believe this will improve the driving experience for those longer times behind the wheel on the noisy road surface. Thanks to all for the great information.

WoZZer NAILED IT! I had dynamat (9 pack sheets) installed in my front doors and trunk. I did notice improvement over the stock (Don't ask me to quantify as it is very subjective but it was better than stock) BUT as WoZZer noted, the kind of roads you drive on DO make a difference. You'll still hear road noise if you are driving on non-smooth roads just not as more noticeable stock. On smoother roads, the noise is almost non-existent.

I had my audio upgrade done as well and will probably stop worrying about the remaining road noise at this level to avoid adding additional weight to the car. Overall, I'm satisfied with the Dynamat experience and would recommend as first step to reducing car road noise.
370Z NISMO #0462 | ClearBra | 3M tint | Head/Taillights | Dynamat | Black Roof | Tommy Kaira HB | CF Parts | Berk HFCs | FI SS | NST Pulleys | Takeda aFe | K&N | H&R Spacers | Swift Spec R | SPC F&R | Zuperman M370
Nismo Vid | Nismo Journal | Nismo Rumble
birdmanx1 is offline   Reply With Quote