View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebatmobile View Post
Wait, I'm supposed to give you a free set if you or the installer messed up? I'll offer you a good discount on a new set or if you just need one piece, I'll do that too. I do my best to make my customers happy. Sorry you arent. Maybe I was slow to respond, or not respond at all, please email me and let me know. I'll see what I can do.

Bat™

btw-the most complex overlay to put on are the altimas.

i did the altima tail light overlay back when i had an altima, it was a PITA, but if you do it right and you are patient it comes out fine.

you are basically taking a FLAT piece of vinyl and putting it over a curved/angular surface. You need to stretch/heat etc in order to get it to fit, of course there will be crinkles until its actually installedd. You just heat and stretch until you get it to it flat. I'm pretty sure vinyls/tail light overlays are a lot more annoying to put on than tint. window tint involves putting a flat piece of material on a more or less flat survace (windows only have a slight curvature). tail lights, fangs, valances etc have many curves and angles. Theres no such thing as a BAD vinyl, unless it like, rips when you try to put it on, but if it doesn't lay right, and there are other people out there getting them on perfectly, then its the isntallers error. i have bought vinyl's and overlays from other people than blu, and none of them gave you free vinyls if you messed up. They'd give you a discount, but not free.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote