Thread: built motor?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #36 (permalink)
SAM@GTM
NOT AN ACTIVE SPONSOR. DO NOT BUY

Drives: 370Z
SAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by toner123 View Post
Hey guys lately I have been debating to start building my motor to make it more FI friendly. Not wanting to start this tomorrow but maybe next winter is when I am going to want to do it. Well I find myself in unfamiliar water and was wondering what I would need to do. I would like a motor that could handle about 700hp to the wheels just in case I ever want to go up a little more from where i am at now in power. I understand that I would need pistons, rods and a crank to lower the compression, but what about the heads? Would I need to get head work done, new valves, and would a VVEL controller be necessary? Never really did anything like this so any help would be appreciated.
Frank
The simpler the better, First thing you need to do is to define your power goal and how are you going to use car. Meaning track or no track use and if you are tracking what type of tracking, there is a huge difference between drag racing and road racing setups.

Few thoughts on the matter .

-Bottom end piston and rods.

-Stock heads flow over 300 CFM so there will be no need to do any head work, just some valve spring will do.

-You don't really need a standalone, stock ecu can do job

-Your fuel system will have to be adjusted according to your power hunger, your current set up can support 550 WHP safely without any problem. We have made 611 RWHP on you exact fuel set up.

The main factor here that we are starting with good advanced efficient engine out of the box . So it does not take much to make descent power, we just need to work on making it more suited for FI .

Hope this helps

Sam

Last edited by SAM@GTM; 01-23-2011 at 02:33 PM.
SAM@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote