Thread: built motor?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
toner123
Track Member

Drives: TT 370z Touring/SP
toner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to toner123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott @ RA View Post
Yes, the fuel system would have to be addressed as well as the injectors would have to be upgraded significantly again for this sort of power you are talking about.

Like what was stated previously, 700whp is a LOT of power and overkill for any street car. The amount of money involved in this project as well as the maintenance and upkeep involved on a daily or even a weekend driven 700whp VQ car is painstaking. Might want to re-consider your goals a little. 500-600whp is MORE than enough for a street car and is a more realistic goal as far as maintenance and reliability. I'm sure you are wanting to enjoy your car more, not maintain and worry about it more.... LOL
Ok I didnt think there was that much more of a head ach if you built the car to take that power level. So if i stayed in the 600 area my injectures and fuel system would be fine except for possibly having to purchase a fuel pressure regualtor or something. Like i said I am not trying to be speed racer and i definatly need no more then 600 to the wheel just figured if I was going to build something for that to maybe spend a little more and give me some wiggle room
Frank
toner123 is offline   Reply With Quote