Thread: opinion on oil
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
steveg78
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z PG M6 +Sport
steveg78 is on a distinguished road

Well since this thread has turned into another oil debate I will chime in. I don't get why people are changing even earlier than the recommended 3750mi interval? Has anyone gotten oil analysis to back up that at 3750 the oil has unfavorable contaminants? I followed the book with the break-in and did the first oil change at 3750. I understand the "theory" of why some people changed it earlier but some of the regimens sound like overkill...Like changed at 1200 then changed again at 3000. And it seems like everyone is hung up on the 3,000mi interval when the book says 3750. I'm at 9,500 now. Changed the oil at 3750 each time. Last oil change was in Aug but I am under the mileage and the car has sat in the garage mostly so I'm not changing it til spring.

So can anyone link me to some analysis threads that show what readings you got at 3750 interval vs anything sooner? Also, I was reading the manual and I believe I may even qualify for schedule 2 w/ 7500mi or 6mo since my vehicle is a weekend cruiser and usually just highway driving. Just something to ponder for the guys who dont DD their Z.
steveg78 is offline   Reply With Quote