View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #51 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinPark View Post
You are in good hands my friend - can't wait to see what you have going on.
There is a lot going on with this project we will not say anything until work has started with pictures to fallow as the days go by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juleous View Post
Please do a custom sub enclosure, stealth if not some cool fiberglass option. You could say a Zenclosure would look weird in $10k system, let's see a nice custom install that looks like it's worth the $ and not another cookie cutter setup.

Just my 2cents, there is a ton of the same basic designs around here.

You should be all talking McIntosh anyway.
We are happily going to do something really nice but probably not stealth however it may be a good time for Mike and I to get a templete made for a stealth box that will not stick out of the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookZmonster View Post
I appreciate everyone's interest and input, I won't reveal the estimated costs just yet (although big and speed are welcome to disclose these details if they wish) but let's just say I am giving them a large amount of freedom

My budget is limitless this is true.. however there is a point of diminishing returns when we are talking about a daily driver, a car that will not compete in audio competitions, and the fact that 95% of the music will come from 256Kbps audio files. With these facts in mind the guys are being conscious of my money, which by the way is a fact that alone makes them worthy of praise. It would be easy for an installer to just say "oh limitless is great lets blow a HUGE amount" but these two guys are obviously more honorable than that and we have discussed the many ways to cut BACK on costs.

I have no doubt I will be very pleased, as you have pointed out I am in excellent hands with the both of them

I will have to let THEM (big and speed) answer any details that I cannot about the technical aspects of the build, and/or the logic of their decisions. I am sure when more concrete decisions are made they will be happy to share

Thanks again everyone!
Aubrey
Glad you pointed out your compressed music as I pointed out that lowers where we go with what brand and what we buy as if it was lossless we could of went even higher end. No matter what the system is going to sound amazing.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote