View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 12:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

The thing that gets me is that people are strapping on a turbo (or any other forced induction) to an engine that has 11:1 compression. That's just asking for it to blow up...

I remember the rule of thumb is 8:1 for blowers. I can't imagine he amount of octane boost one would need to run for 11:1 to prevent detonation / pre-ignition, if it'd even run correctly on 91...(since the car already takes 91...)

I dunno, I guess I'm not THAT into power. This car will break loose with an automatic transmission up into 3rd gear...that's plenty of power. After that, it's a matter of getting it to the pavement and stay there...
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote