View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

I think the clutch is great on mine. I'll probably upgrade when it needs replacing but it hooks up perfect every time. I hear what you are saying about the syncro rev matching but I think the intent is for agressive driving and I find it works flawlessly when used properly. If you drive it like and old man then the syncro rev does get a little lurchy. Don't be afraid - just let the clutch out quickly and it matches perfectly. If you let off the throttle and wait for a while to let the clutch out that's when you'll notice it being off a bit. I challenge you to get it to not match perfectly when you pop the clutch out right away.... pretty good for an "non-reponsive engine that doesn't rev..."

The great oil/heat debate has been gone over 1 billion times so it doesn't really need to be gotten into again here. I AutoX mine all day without any heating issues but on the track it could definately use a cooler. I wish there was a dealer option for the cooler but it's definately not a show stopper in any way. Simple fix and happy that the safety is built in to protect from over heating.

I guess when you say the engine isn't responsive I guess it really depends on what you compare it to. I really is amazingly linear in its response so it definately depends on what your preference is. A linear "curve" makes it a well rounded DD. It's actually less like a turbo engine with it's linear "curve". The 350Z engine was more like a turbo engine in its response than the 370Z....

I too wish the car was lighter. It could be smaller as well - it's a giant compared to my 240Z. Unfortunately (or fortunately I suppose) safety restratints keep bumping the requirements and weights of vehicles up and up in spite of weight reducing materials, etc. It's probably one of the major problems with designing a modern car... Be thankfull it's not the 4400lbs that the Dodge Challenger weighs in at...

Visibility is crappy - again I agree on that point. If you are an attentive driver and well aware of your surroundings its virtualy a non issue.

Good review - it's nice to hear what people's experiences are with the car.

There are no perfect cars - just better balanced comprimises....