View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Sideway370
Base Member

Drives: everyone insane.
Sideway370 is on a distinguished road

I'm a realtor down here in socal. Sounds like the loan your getting has a decent rate. Before close of escrow theres a checklist of things that need to be completed, I know that banks around here in socal have mandatory house inspectors and appraisers go in and check everything out before they give you the loan, not sure what its like in norcal, it should be around the same.

As to the fire, flood, earthquake hazards, when your agent has you sign the escrow papers the majority of the papers in that packet should be from the title company that has done research on the house and there would be a check list of natural hazards that have a potential of happening.

As to what insurance you need, well your lender requires you to get fire insurance at a minimum. Everything else is up to you.

Fees expected and unexpected, have to talk to your agent to figure out what kind of deal hes getting you. Most of the time its a 50/50 buyer and seller pay their own fees/closing costs.

Property tax is a big issue, not sure if your home is in a new community or a older one. With newer communities, at least in socal, they carry a melaruse tax that will nearly double the property tax rates. The tax only applies to newer communities because the cities needs money to put in new schools, police stations, fire stations etc.

oh since its your first house im not sure if theres still a federal and/or state programs going on to get you a nice 17,000 tax rebate, i think you can only get 7,000? or something now might even score you a better interest rate too. i specialize in commerical properties not so much residential thats just for family/friends and stuff

just shoot me a pm if you have more questions
Sideway370 is offline   Reply With Quote