View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute
Default For those of you who like lighting

I am still working on my lights installing switchback leds in the front turn signals(which take a 7444na bulb which is dual element)but for some reason our cars only use 1 side of the bulb(for turn signal) the other side is not used meaning you only have a turn signal at the top of your headlights.

But by looking at the back of the socket you will see 3 wires 1 + for turn signal 1 - for the turn signal and 1 black wire running thru the protected sheath but at the other end of it you only see 2 wires coming out,if you pull the black wire out of the sheath you see that it is not hooked up if you connect this wire to the yellow parking lamp wire you now have a parking light/turn signal with the stock bulb or any other 7444/7443 bulb you desire.

My switchback are white parking light then change to amber when the turn signal is activated,here are some pics to show you what I mean.

here you see the white led bulb on top w/parking lights on only

here is a pic both headlights only parking lights on

here is a pic of the headlights on low beam

another pic showing headlights on both sides low beam

and last a still pic of what the turn signal looks when blinking

754 rwhp 747 rwtq