Thread: Financing help
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 01:42 AM   #39 (permalink)
plato
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 7AT
plato is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isozaki View Post
I just reg to make this post because I saw some people giving bad credit advise.

I am not saying this is the only way to build credit but this worked for me being 30 years old now I will pass it on.

1. what ever credit cards you get make sure they have auto deduct from your banking account.
2. Get a credit card. does not matter what the % is. They all suck. Put 100$ on the card. have the bank auto payment 25$
6. 6 months later get another card do the same thing and don't go over $100
3. Apply for a 1000$ loan from your bank and pay it off over 12 months anything less then 6 shows jack its after 6 months that do you good.

Keep those 2 cards and a loan going after 12 months pull another and you will get about 30 points a year doing just that. I have 3 credit cards and a loan going at all times and I am rolling a 742. I work offshore and I also want not only a good score but then they look at my history they can see different accounts and all green marks so i have good score and i have the history to back it up. What ever you choose try to keep the cards at 35% or lower and remember you will keep these for your whole life never cancel as the length of the card is super important you lose 20+ points for canceling a card if you have had it for a while.

Note that if you put 50 bux on the card pay it off in full each month does next to jack. Hold a small balance see above and make on time payments. and never use the card for anything remember your emergency fund is the money you have saved in your chk account not credit cards.

I also want to note that CC have high rates regardless now but if you keep it at 100$ its not a problem the same with the loan you will pay like $100 bux in int over 12 months not bad if your trying to build A+ credit.
plato is online now   Reply With Quote