View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 01:18 AM   #971 (permalink)
G37sHKS
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 G37S Coupe 7AT
G37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
1000 whp happen yet?

With all due respect, you post up a title like "GTM Performance Engineering VQ45VHR-Our Journey to The 1000 HP and Beyond"... Provide est HP#'s to Mags, and display the vehicle at shows with massive HP claims and innovative designs that are not functional--You are asking for trouble if you can't back up the #'s.. Just a fact of life on forums.

FYI- a few of the shops on my350Z have already broken the 1000whp mark, with stock displacement.... so you shouldn't expect the same "acceptance" of claimed HP #'s, that you see on this forum.. Some very informative posts on that site, much more so than here.

From the outside looking in--Not much variety here when it comes to shop builds.. I see mostly GTM posts.. its almost as if no other options even exist...
When the shops who have already eclipsed the 4digit HP mark with the z33 (GTM is not one of them), start to make a presence here.. Then you will start to get an honest picture of which shops are capable, and which are not..
--Seeing a 350z run low 9's with stock displacement, ST setup and stock rear end is an indicator of what a shop is capable of... especially after repeated abuse at the track...

Not trying to be the antagonist.. Just been around the Z & import scene long enough to know that shops like to make claims in order to sell products.. While others, break barriers to display there ability...
Your build is very impressive.. But you should have used more "tact" when chest pumping for GTM..

*no malice intended..*
All i can do after reading this post

Dude do you even own a car? I doubt that

I dont care about what you said in your post but I just wanted to point one thing and it's about 350z 1k HP and we still didnt make that number yet

let me ask you my friend, how old is 350Z? lets see.. made in 2003 and now we are in 2011 (but we just get in 2011 so lets say we are in 2010)

350Z is 7 years old so opening the engine and rebuilding it is a piece of cake now.. in fact, they don't have the VVEL that we have.

While 370z is only 1 year old and look at the power we can get with "STOCK" engine.. 550HP and above.. Maybe 550HP is not enough for people who don't own a car like you

FYI my friend, 350Z needs ALOOOT of work to get to 500HP while 370Z just need a turbo kit, supporting mods and thats it, Oh and we still didnt even crack the VVEL (that's if you know what is that)

After GTM cracks the VVEL you will see 600HP 370Z with STOCK engine..

I say you should and go waste your time studying for you exams rather than b!tching here and there

just my 2cent.