View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mergnthwirker
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z PW MT6 S
Mergnthwirker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondoggy View Post
After being around 50+ years I've been able to see the evolution and devolution of the Muscle Car and Sports Car. With the fall of GM and Chrysler and the rising cost of gas I suspect that we are at the end of the line for such cars. Only the rich will be able to indulge in performance cars. When I was a youngster I used to see all those old fellows driving Hemi's, Vett's,Big Block Chevy and Fords and wondered If I would ever be able to afford a car with such performance. Well I'm old to do so and glad I lived long enough to finally have a car That I wanted as a Kid. There is so much magic in the internal combustion engine that no hybrid or electric car can ever produce. I also believe that this will be the last generation of the Z once it's product life cycle is through.
I agree with you. Maybe it's an old curmudgeon thing, but I see this onslaught of hybrid, electric, green happy ecology cars coming along with increasing economic, insurance and legislative pressures on performance cars. Generally it's about 5 years or so between car purchases for me and now was the time. I bought my 370Z feeling that this might be my "last chance" to own a great performance car.

Not at all politically correct... and proud of it! What I SHOULD have bought was a Volkswagen Jetta diesel sportwagen getting 49mpg. If gas goes to $5/gal, I may occasionally regret it.

But life is too short to drive boring cars!!

Thanks for posting this thought!

HJM
Mergnthwirker is offline   Reply With Quote