View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #55 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute

I am amazed at the emotional response to a suggestion on how we can put numbers around an issue that a lot of people share. For example, Consumers Reports, Car and Driver, Road and Track, Top Gear.... to name a few all cite the car as noisy. In my original post I didn't say that *I* find the car too noisy, just that if we apply the same kind of approach we use for engine, exhaust, brake mods (numbers!), we can help people who *want* to reduce noise find the best solution.

In answer to one of the adult posts, I suggest the phone be held next to the right ear of the driver. This would probably yield a reasonable baseline.

That's it.
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote